Sunday, January 29, 2006

Baby Clothes!










Here are the newest things I've been knitting during my sick time; the first up being this little chenille ensemble for my niece-to-be. I have to attach the sleeves and pick up stitches to create the collar and buttonholes (daisy buttons!) and seam up the hat, but you catch the drift. This was fun to make and it knit up like a dream, it was so easy. The only thing I must admit was that on size 10 aluminum needles, casting off stitches was a little tight, so picking up stitches for the collar may be big fun, indeed. I notice that bamboo needles tend to make things go a lot more smoothly but unfortunately, I only have one pair and not in the size I needed. They run a little more expensive.

More knitting pictures follow, so just scroll on down.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

it looks so soft!

Roe said...

It is, I kept running the yarn through my fingers as I was knitting it. I should make hats for all of us with the yarn. :-)

Stacey said...

good idea...

Roe said...

We can be our own exclusive club, anyone with a chenille hat is identified as a member.

Linda said...

God bless chenille. THey're adorable! It's really cool that you can do this stuff, it still looks damn difficult to me.

Roe said...

This is actually the easiest of stitches, I can teach you this in no time. Let's try and schedule that girls' week out/in... hee hee...