Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Book Scavenging.

I realized last night, after working on blog entries for school, that my nonfiction 'tween reading is sorely lacking. So I hit Dude's bookshelves, asking him to pull any historical fiction and history-related books he had for me. He's recently become very interested in World War II, after a strong unit on the topic this past school year, and he handed me I Am David by Anne Holm, insisting that I read this before anything else. He also insisted that I find a copy of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne.

I also want to read some nonfiction from periods other than WWII, so I took to one of my fellow SLIS students' blogs, The Fourth Musketeer, who never disappoints (she reviews nonfiction and historical fiction for children and teens). So now, I've got Bootleg by Karen Blumenthal, Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey (yes, it's historical fiction, but like Margo, I'm a bit obsessed with Antoinette), Titanic, Book One: Unsinkable by Gordon Korman, the too-much-fun-titled Big Wig: A Little History of Hair by Kathleen Krull, and I'll Pass for Your Comrade: Women Soldiers in the Civil War by Anita Silvey.

I can already feel my library card heating up.

No comments: