Wednesday, January 01, 2014

So what am I knitting?

I've been knitting quite a bit lately, and making time to knit at home, in addition to my weekly knitting group time, has been a source of great relaxation again. I just made Wee Gozer a pair of mittens for his little hands, which have gone over very well - he loves them!  I used Indie Dyer's toddler mittens pattern - I didn't realize how hard it was to find toddler sized mitten patterns, so I was very happy to find this one!


I've also been working on Will's blanket. The black and orange one I knit him almost 10 (!!!) years ago finally collapsed on him, so I thought I'd knit him a nice, warm blanket that befits a teen, and this Boys Afghan pattern was just the thing. My friend Julie referred to it recently as the "Big Green Forever", which is now it's official name - it's gorgeous, but this thing is taking forever. But as long as I remind myself it's the journey, not the destination, I'm good.



I'll keep working on these, but I've got loads of stuff on deck for this year. My buddy Nancy and I are being totally goofy/cheesy/fangirly and will knit up the BFF cowl from Knitty, with a fangirl twist - we're going to work the cowls in our favorite supervillains colors. And Julie, Nancy and I are going to be working on a KAL together, Ysolda Teague's "Follow Your Arrow". It was a New Year's treat to myself, and I'm really looking forward to it.

You know what I miss? Knitting Swaps. I used to love those. I'm hoping to join one (or heck, start one up) once I have a paycheck or two under my belt. Anyone interested in one?

1 comment:

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

It's going to be an very knitterly year for us I think. At the very least it's starting that way :D