Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Gah!

I know, it's been too long since I finished my BEA blog about my goodies. Does anyone even care at this point? How 'bout I just blog about the books I've read from that pile so far? I've got two down that I'd love to blather on about because they are that good. And I've got a couple of great knitting projects to put y'all to sleep with, hee hee...

First off, I've found another baby hat charity to knit for. You know how much I love knitting up baby hats, and when I visited another knitter's blog, If You Want to Destroy My Sweater (saw her on Knitty Gritty!). She's knitting hats for Hats for Alex and I warn you now, this one is a heartbreaker. Nothing like crying into my coffee at 7 in the morning. All I can say is, no matter how stoic you are, you scroll down enough and you will lose it. I just can't understand how someone can hurt an infant. Any child, really, but an infant? Okay, I'm not going there on this blog.

So I've cast on another adorable hat from the book One Skein and I'll take a picture of its progress later today. And in related BEA news, I'm using the skein I got from Storey Publishing's booth (they publish One Skein and the book they were promoting this year, One Skein Wonders).

More about the actual books from BEA later; I'm actually at work now pulling messages off voice mail and now I need to start my day. Perhaps there will be details of a trip to Steve & Barry's to try on some of Sarah Jessica Parker's line, too... stay tuned!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

How'd the Steve & Barry's trip go??!!

Roe said...

Valhalla.