Monday, August 13, 2007

Bad Blogger...

I've been a bad blogger. I have so much stuff to write, and of course, I've blanked. Grr. So expect updates as my memory recovers.

One thing I would love to blog about is my trip to an honest-to-goodness LYS (local yarn store, for all the non-knitters out there). I've read lots about the LYS phenomenon, but locally for me means A.C. Moore or Michael's (which have lots of nifty yarns - I've embraced the racks there on a regular basis for a while now). But man, I haven't been to a place dedicated solely to yarn and the knit/crochet craft since I left Garden City (Garden City Stitches, where I spent many a lunch hour ogling and pawing at the beautiful yarns). I found a place by mom, The Skein Attraction, in Teaneck. And it was there that I found Valhalla...

Yarn, as far as the eye could see. A big table in the middle of the store, with women knitting away and laughing. A little spot for kids in the back, so I don't have to hear Alex's chorus of "BO-RING!" as I wander the baskets of yarn. A very, very nice proprieter who looked at the pattern I showed her (which I can't talk about here just yet, as the person for whom it's destined may be reading this) and led me to the most adorable yarn - and I didn't have to mortgage any future earnings to take it home. Skein Attraction rocks, and I'll definitely be back.

Um... actually, I have to go back... because the pattern is giving me agita already. Grr.

But I'm working on a different pattern for now, so all is well. As long as I have something to knit, I'm safe to be around these days.

One more word about knitting - I picked up the 25th Anniversary issue of Vogue Knitting. Awesome.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I still like knitting a little better than Broccoli, or making lists...

Yeah, I know, that sounds random, but the author of this blog knows what I'm talkign about.

Roe said...

hahaha... exactly.

Anonymous said...

Glad that you found some projects to do! I hope you are doing well!

Lore said...

There is a LYS near me, but I haven't been brave enough to step inside yet. I'm kind of afraid my credit card would burst into flames.