Sunday, October 12, 2008

Casting On, Tuning Out...


I've been irritable again (sigh... a-gain) about the state of my apartment. Chalk it up to living with three men, two of whom are under the age of 10, chalk it up to being aggravated at pretty much every area of my life at the moment, chalk it up to looking at one too many issues of Real Simple or watching too many episodes of Top Design, but there you have it. I've been knitting myself into a fury in an attempt to escape the growing aggravation every time I look up.


We did some clearing out in the living room today; I'm hoping that at some point, they'll all understand that the less crap I see cluttering every flat surface, the more I'll actually be motivated to clean and make things look even nicer. Which will fall on deaf ears (blind eyes?). But it'll make me less crabby to live with, so hopefully that will be an attractive bonus.


Hubs surprised me by getting me some gorgeous bamboo sock yarn for me on eBay - who knew he even remembered me mentioning I liked bamboo's feel and wanted to knit with it? Good husband points aplenty there.


I've been nominated for an I Love Your Blog award! My Ravelry/Plurk/blogging bud Nancy over at Bronx Girl Knits nominated me, citing my superior taste in hobbies and science fiction... to quote her, and at the same time espouse the phrase that many of my geek gals and I have shared over the years, "We geek girls gotta stick together." So here's the deal:

1. Please put the award on your blog.

2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.

3. You must nominate at least 4 fellow bloggers for this award.

4. Add links to the recipients.

5. Leave a comment so the recipients know they have received an award.

I’ve read the rules, and I promise to comply, so here it is - my shiny new ribbon!



And my nominees are... (drumroll, please!)
1. Stacey - the whole reason I started this blog, not to mention the best bad influence one could want in a craft store. Geek sisters of the world, unite and bow.
2. Linda - pull up a chair, have some coffee and danish at the ready, and read about freelancing, raising a teenager, and enjoy some fabulous commentary on music, movies and more.
3. (Not-So) Cynical Gal - Another knitting friend I've made in cyberspace, (Not-So) Cynical Gal's blog has the best of all worlds - she has beautiful pictures of her garden, her pets (including the most adorable golden retriever EVER), her knitting, and her sweet little niece.
4. Bronx Girl, aka Nancy - Gotta throw it back to the bud that nominated me; no apple-polishing here, just a real appreciation of the blog and the blogger. Anyone who subtitles their blog, "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Bronx is Knitting," is a blogger I need to know. Geek gal, sci-fi fan, and she likes Duran Duran? C'mon.
In other news, Hubs took Heartbreaker to a wrestling show yesterday - not a taping of one of the WWE shows, more like a autograph convention where some old school and even more recent wrestlers get together and sign pictures for fans. Heartbreaker was in his glory, especially when he got to hang out with the Blue World Order. The guys were very cool with him, as you can see.










Freaking awesome.
I'm now watching a commercial for the Clone Trooper helmet voice changer. I think I need one.

3 comments:

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

You're so sweet for giving the award right back! I appreciate it:D

I had to give up my Real Simple subscription, it led to ugly things happening in my house on weekends;)I'm decluttering also of course I have been for a few months now yet still much clutter around.

It never ends.

Stacey said...

Oh fun!! I'm going to post it this week! Thanks!

And I could not relate more to your pain about lack of clear surfaces killing motivation. Here, here sister!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Thanks! I am so excited.