Thursday, September 10, 2009

School's In!



School finally began this week, and not a moment too soon, judging from my last entry. Not so much for getting the kids back to school as getting me around people again. The boys (and I) are thrilled with their teachers, and I've already started logging Mom Hours in the school. It is so nice to be around people I like again, and I won't lie - being part of the Parents' Association makes me feel like I'm working again.





Off to school we go!




The Cutie and his Buddy





Murderer's Row, aka Heartbreaker and The Gang


School's back in session for me, too, and I've been pretty happy with the class so far. It's more of a management class, one of those core courses that gives you a taste of something, should you decide you follow that path in the future. Taking a management class gave me some pause; I was afraid that the material would be dry, but the professor is very good and has chosen readings that put a new perspective on management. She is very much in touch with the class and is communicative, and she chose early assignments that helped us all get to know one another, so it's going better than I could have imagined.
Cutie Pie starts Sunday School this year, and while he was initially not thrilled with going to Church AND school on a Sunday, he seems to have warmed up, having met his teacher, Ms. Mercedes. Even Heartbreaker sounds like he wants to return to Sunday School next year, so I told him he's got to start catching up on material he's missed. I think having Cutie in the school sparked his interest; it's fun having a little brother around, apparently. At least, sometimes.
Lots of reading and knitting going on, but I'm going to pause here for now and take advantage of the sunshine. Happy New Year, everyone!




2 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Well, what handsome children! Lovely post, ma'am.

Jen Mc said...

Awww - you have darling little guys. Great pictures!
I'm glad you're feeling better.
HUGS!