Monday, August 08, 2005

It's muggy out...

And I'm sitting here at my desk, in an air conditioned office, sticky. Eyuck.

So, finally watched the funeral on Six Feet Under last night. My God, what an episode. I was just telling a friend of mine that Michael C. Hall (David) and Frances Fisher (Ruth) should get an Emmy, he was amazing. I think the most powerful scene to me was when David and Ruth are bathing Nate's body. Ruth joins David and starts washing Nate's head, so lovingly and gently washing the scar on his head. It's such a maternal act, and I wanted to rush in to hug my two boys (ages 6 and 2). It was so painful and loving at the same time, I was moved to tears. And then, when they lower Nate's body into the ground and are covering it with dirt, David just breaks and everyone moves to help him. It was amazing. So cathartic. I can't imagine what they're going to do for the final two episodes.

No comments: