Monday, August 21, 2006

The End of Summer is Nigh!

Alex is three today. How did that happen? I still remember waddling around Bookspan feeling him beat the tar out of me. And getting together with our friends on Friday nights, only to fall asleep on them by 9.

Mike and I were up last night frosting mini-cupcakes for his party at school this morning. Only thing was, we forgot to mention it to school on Friday so his teacher just called me up and said, "If I had known, I'd have told the parents." I started feeling bad, but he's 3 - and he's got cupcakes. I think we're all good. Plus, do I need more presents than I know he'll be getting? They'll sing, he'll eat cupcakes, life will be good. Because he's three.

Went to Michelle's birthday extravaganza at Barca 18 on Saturday night, which I highly recommend if you like Spanish food and/or tapas. It's on Park Avenue South between 18th & 19th and it really wasn't as expensive a night out as I feared. The food was awesome, the company was great, and I got to sit with David and Robb, which is a pretty good formula for a good evening. I even thought it may be fun for us to consider for the Sex & The City Girls' Night Out that Stacey and I have talked about for four years now.

I can't believe we're almost into September already. Man, time is going by faster than ever. Next thing I know, I'll have to worry about Christmas shopping.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow, I can't believe he's 3 already... I remember when he was born, and it totally doesn't seem that long ago.

Wish him a happy B-Day for us!

P said...

Happy Birthday Alex!!
Glad you had a great time at Michelle's bday dinner.

Roe said...

I was just looking at the pictures you took of me holding him in the hospital, it really doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

I will, I'm trying to set up a date/time to have you guys and Keith and Nancy over for Elmo cake. :-D

Roe said...

Michelle's dinner was a blast, and the food rocked. We should check it out one night, if we have tapas it won't be terribly expensive. Their little empanadas and their spicy potatoes rock.

Stacey said...

mmmmm....