Monday, August 14, 2006

How the heck did it get to be Mid-August?

I'm sitting here scratching my head in wonder. How is it that school is just around the corner(for both me and Will)? I still have half a reading list to get him through! I haven't lost all the weight in time for bathing suit season yet!

But yes, summer is rapidly coming to a close and that means that shorter days and cooler temperatures will be here before we know it. While I love Fall and Winter, the inevitable shortening of the days is sure to bring me down like it always does. I wish I could figure out a way to get past that.

Anyway. I finally finished some knitting projects - you know by now how horrible I am at actually sewing the projects up once they're done - this weekend. I met Karenala for a stitch & bitch at our Starbuck's on Queens Blvd and instead of starting yet another project, I brought stuff I needed to finish before I could move on.

So I finally finished my goddaughter's poncho, which I promised her roughly four months ago. Just in time for Fall, right? And I sewed up the little infant hat I made for Helene's pregnant friend, Helena, in Sweden. (Gab, if you're reading this, surprise! I'll be sending out a package soon!) Now I just have to find the three letters I've written to Helene while I was waiting to finish the projects for Helena. Good lord, I am a mess.

Pictures to come, I just have to pull them off the camera... who says I finally finish what I start?

4 comments:

P said...

i know! time certainly flew. for some reason, i still think it should only be early june!

Roe said...

Yeah, I'm not feeling the whole approaching early darkness thing.

Stacey said...

yeah, not ready... NOT READY!

Chris said...

I welcome the end of summer - Bring it on!