Sunday, September 09, 2007

Ah... Insomnia...

Coming to you live from New Jersey again, it's 12:54 a.m. and I cannot sleep. Grr. Aside from Alex's small but incredibly bony elbows sticking me into the back, I'm just keyed up like crazy, obsessing on wrapping up business at the current job, enjoying my last few days as a mostly at-home mom, and getting ready to start a new page the week after.

If there were space, I'd do some yoga. But space is tight and I know I'd somehow crack my head open doing an intense downward dog. I'd knit, but I'd need the light on and that would definitely wake one of the boys up at least. I'm lucky the glow of the computer monitor hasn't roused them yet. I'd eat, but lots of things are starting to fit now that haven't in a long time, so I'm not jeopardizing that. Besides, I did some damage earlier at this street festival thingie Will wanted to go to.

Not only was it hotter than the outer reaches of Hell, but the food was awful. If I'm going to blow my healthy eating plan in a spectacular way for the day, it'd better be tasty. Any kind of outdoor festival must involve either zeppole or funnel cake. I saw a sign claiming to have zeppole, 6 for 3 bucks. Not bad! I order a bag and peek inside, waiting for a waft of hot, doughy powdered sugary goodness to hit. Zeppole, my foot. Zeppole turds, yes. They were these hard, tiny things that look like premature zeppole. And they were overcooked. Feh.

Of course, I ate them. Hey, I'm an eternal optimist - what if one of them was done right?

I've got to wander to a site that requires less typing and more reading. More to come, perhaps when the daylight hours hit.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Zeppole Turds... that's amazing, and disgusting...