Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Coffee N Yarn Swap Update

I've missed a couple of these - bad blogger! - so I'll just jump in with the latest blog challenge:

We'll go free form this week - Post about your WIPs, post about your package, post about the weather where you are - just be sure to include that the post is for the Spring Fling Weekly Topic somewhere inside it when you tell us it's there! I'd love to hear how folks are enjoying the goodies they received, if they have, or how much fun you had shopping for your pal!

First off, it is BEAUTIFUL this week. Will had a game on Sunday which we initially heard was going to be a washout, but it ended up being a beautiful day and it's just continued so far. It's really Spring! Yay!!!

WIPs (works in progress)... I've got a pair of cabled socks for my mom on the needles using Sock it to Me yarn. She likes 'em longer than anklets, so I'm hoping I have enough... I also have another surprise for Baby Benevides that started on the needles, but ended up frogged when the pattern irritated me. I still consider it a WIP because it is in my mind. I mean, I have the yarn, I have the needles, I just have to actually combine the two now. So that's half the battle, right?

My fantabulous swap partner e-mailed me to let me know my package is on its way, so I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to find out who it is! As for my package, I got a little derailed by life in general (see the post below) but I'm making good progress. I have to lay everything out tonight and see what else I need to fill up the box. I want to get it out in the next few days so my partner gets it on time. I hope she likes everything! I have really enjoyed shopping (because, you know, that's a surprise) for this swap. It's coffee! And yarn! What's not to love, right? I'm also working on a little handmade bit to put into the box, so that should be done shortly.

Okay, I guess my boss expects me to be productive today, so let me sign off for now. TTFN!

No comments: