Friday, November 14, 2008

I'm No Slouch...

Lest anyone think I've been home either wallowing or sitting on the couch feasting on bon-bons.

I'm pretty sure Jen doesn't read this blog, so I can safely post this - it's another Helena sweater (I did one for Mike's cousin's baby shower a couple of months ago), this time for her daughter.

Here's a scarf for one of Ron & Christine's daughters...

...and a close-up of the pattern for Ron & Christine's other daughter. I took the Elvish Leaves dischloth pattern and turned the pattern stitch into a scarf. I used this pattern to make a lap blanket for Mike's great-aunt last year and she loved it; I love the way it knits up, so I'll just keep on using it. Maybe I'll design a pair of socks next?


My first glove! It wasn't as aggravating as I'd feared. I used the One Skein pattern which I loved; the cabled cuff is adorable. However, I severely underestimated the yarn - and now I have no more to complete a second glove. ::facepalm:: I'll declare this one a stunt glove and call it a day.


Le sock! For me! I used bamboo yarn to make this Clover sock, and I LOVE it. So. Soft. I even gave myself a different toe using a different skein of bamboo. Hee. I can't wait to finish the other sock so I can wear these; I just have to finish up some Christmas goodies first. Delayed gratification...

1 comment:

P said...

love the glove!