Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Coffee Swap Questionnaire

Mmmmm... yup, it's another swap - you know my addictive personality - and this one involves yarn AND coffee. Can you get a more perfect swap? Anyhoo, here's the questionnaire.

Coffee

1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground?
I've been gravitating toward ground lately, because I'm too impatient to ground the beans. ;)

2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non?
Absolutely leaded - I'd be sleepwalking otherwise. I like a light, fresh roast now that we're in Spring. It picks me up.

3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up?
I'd probably run down to Dunkin' and get a pound for the house. Dunkin' rocks.

4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both?
Both, for sure. I love caffeine, but I just like the taste of coffee, the curling up on the couch when I have a mug, the whole experience.

5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers?
Ooh, yes and yes! Love flavored coffees, especially any kind of vanillas or caramels. Ditto for the flavored creamers. The only flavors I really don't like are amaretto or chocolate raspeberry-flavored ones.

6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup?
A big ole mug.

7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it!
Nice and hot, just poured from my French press, with just enough flavored creamer to wake it up. I'd curl up on my couch, knitting bag next to me, and drink it slowly.

8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company?
Chocolate and coffee are made for each other. Brownies sound good (with nuts, naturally), or a nice hot bagel. Or a muffin. Some starchy product.

Yarn

1. Do you knit or crochet?
I do some crochet, but I'm a far better knitter.

2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with?
I love wools and cottons. Not so good with the mohairs or eyelashes, but a nice wool or cotton, in any weight from aran all the way down to fingering (I recently started knitting socks) is wonderful. I don't mind if there is a man-made fiber in the blend, but if it squeaks on my needles, it's outta there. ;)

3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now?
I've got a Snowflake Lace Sock on one set ; I'm also working on a princess pram cover for my son's former teacher's baby. I've got a ridiculous Ravelry queue.

4. What are your favorite colors in yarns?
Bright, spring-like colors are what I'm gravitating toward now. I love primary colors over pastels.

What about those that you'd never find in your stash?
I'm over the gray thing. I had a lot of gray and it just got depressing. Ditto for brown, if it's on its own (I like it with greens and blues, and pinks). Purples have left me a little cold lately, too.

5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Any you just detest?
I've tried the plain plastic needles and my yarn sticks to 'em - do NOT like that. I love, love, LOVE bamboo needles, though. Aluminum and stainless steel are just fine, too. I don't mind the plastic crochet hooks so much, but that's probably because I'm not as good on crochet.

6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan?
Can you actually have enough tape measures? I know I always misplace mine. Ditto for stitch markers. I've only swapped once before, so I guess I'm not on notion overload just yet.

7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with?
I think I'd try the bamboo blend, because I've been wanting to try bamboo yarns out. The malabrigo would probably be my backup.

Spring

1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are?
Spring seems to come in waves in NYC lately, so today, yes, it's Spring-like. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one?
I love gerbera daisies.

3. What do you most look forward to about springtime?
The longer days - it's like nature's prozac. And the cool weather, not too hot, not too cold, just right. Ahhh...

4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day?
I don't have to go to work? Then, I get the kids, the husband, and head for the park or something outdoors to do, like a zoo.

5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? How do you spend that day? what helps cheer you up?
Oh god, yes. I get very mopey and absolutely stir crazy when I'm stuck indoors in lousy weather. I'd try to get to a movie with the kids (and bring an easy knitting project) or let them keep busy and I'd work on a knitting project.

Odds n Ends

1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles?
Books. Lots of books. And Hello Kitty stuff.

2. Are you allergic to anything?
Just penicillin.

3. Do you have pets?
Two cats!

4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro?
I've only done one swap before, and I'm in another one at the same time as this. So I'm getting there.

What are the last 2 swaps you participated in?
I was in the Longing for Spring Swap and loved it! I'm currently also in the Saucy Knitters Hot Sauce Swap.

5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.
Aside from my friends' blogs, my three fave blogs are PopCandy, Whitney Matheson's pop culture blog from USA Today; You Knit What (Two) is always good for a giggle, and yes, I'll admit it... I read Perez Hilton every day. But I'll also mention that I have Lime & Violet's Daily Chum in my Bloglines, too...

No comments: