Sunday, March 02, 2008


We went to visit Mom today. Normally, Sundays in Bergen County are very low-
key because of the Blue Laws that keep most stores closed. Usually, it's a dash to the grocery store and back to mom's just to hang out, let the kids play PlayStation (you know, because they need a break from the video games at home) and possibly see their cousins.


On the first Sunday of the month, however, it's a different ballgame. The Skein Attraction is open for a four-hour window, and I needed to get some woolly goodness for my Longing For Spring Swap Partner. Figuring I'd be a good swap partner and also get some window shopping in for myself, I went in.


Holy crap - where did all the people come from? The store is usually bustling, but today it was packed. Looking toward the back, I saw the two words - YARN SALE.


Oh yes. Yarn. Sale. Fill a small, lunch-toting-to-and-from-work-type gift bag with as much yarn as you wanted (without it being torn or distended - darnit) for $40. Forty bucks!!! There were skeins of yarn that were going for $8 each at sale price!


Trying very hard to be good, I considered treating myself to a couple of bargain skeins of baby alpaca and chose the yarn for my swap partner. Until Mike walked in, grabbed a bag, and started pointing yarn out. "You like that? How about that?"
You know, sometimes my husband rocks.

2 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Your husband totally rocks!

Roe said...

He really does, he knows I would never have spent that kind of money on myself. I'll keep him. ;)