Monday, April 07, 2008

Next Spring Topic!

The Spring Fling Coffee Swap topic of the week:

Since some of us are beginning to see glimpses of Spring, while others are still getting snow, have you changed what projects you are working on? Have you put away the hats, scarves and mittens and brought out the cute tank top sweater projects and lacy wraps? Have you changed yarns to something more lighter and cooler, not so heavy and bulky?

I'm dogearing Spring patterns, if that's what you mean. I have marked up last year's and this year's Spring copies of Interweave Knits, and actually considering making them rather than just sighing and casting on another scarf. But right now, I'm finishing up a pair of fingerless gloves (does that count as Spring, if there are no fingers on them?) in this delicious Noro yarn I got from that insane yarn sale a month ago at Skein Attraction. I have a couple of baby projects on the backburner, but they'll be Summer and Fall stuff because one baby is due in the Summer (super secret projects!) and the other is here, but I saw something adorable that he must wear come the Fall.

That said, I do intend to knit myself at least ONE nice Spring thing to take to Savannah next month when Mike and I go for our big 10-year wedding anniversary trip.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Oooo congrats on the 10 years! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooo 10 yrs congrats!!!


Buzzzed Knitting

snowflake said...

10 Years?? That's awesome! Hope you guys have the wonderful, romantic getaway that you both deserve!