Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy Fourth!

A bit late, but let's keep the party going. We had a busy but relaxing weekend. The boys had a playdate, we spent some family time out in Staten Island, and Mike and I got some work done at home. We threw out a couple of bags worth of garbage, got the bookshelves above our bed organized, and I can now access my radio/CD player that was buried under books and dust for far too long. We actually have paper in our file drawer now, too, as opposed to empty pentaflexes and paper strewn about the room. Let's hear it for organizing! Now, if I can just keep reminding myself that progress comes in inches rather than leaps.

I finished one sock - the Rattlesnake Creek socks I've been working on as part of the Summer Knit-A-Long/Crochet-A-Long - and cast on the second, so Mom is happy to have a second pair of socks coming her way.

Had an aggravating conversation with my father - is there any other one, these days? - and retreated into junk food for two days. Sigh. Nothing like hearing, "Oh... I guess you haven't heard from me in a month because I was too lazy to call." That's only a slight paraphrasing, folks. Does he honestly think that makes me feel better? Not only is he too much of a selfish jackass to come up to New York, putting all the effort on me to trek four people down to see him, but now it's all on me to keep up any pretenses of a relationship at all? When I do get down there next month, there's got to be some conversation; changes are going to have to be made.

I don't normally get this heavy here, but I just needed to vent a bit.

After my 2-day pity party, I've emerged recommitted to getting myself back together. Today's nano-goals include eating well for breakfast and making a healthy lunch. Check - had a tasty smoothie for breakfast, I've made my own lunch (pasta with edamame with a splash of lemon juice) and brought healthy snacks. Just have to make sure I eat a snack before leaving work so I don't snack/binge when I get home.

Slowly, but surely, I'm getting back on track. If I can get down those 10 pounds before leaving for Florida next month I think I'll be in a good place.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I like the term nano-goals...