Monday, December 17, 2007

Holiday Malaise

So I am ridiculously unproductive in the hours from 9-5 these days. I putter around the office, because my brain is apparently on winter hiatus.

That aside, I am a knitting psychopath. As I've mentioned, I decided in my foolish way that I can totally knit TWO blankets by Christmas. Starting at the beginning of December. So I've been knitting my panels for Mike's Great-Aunt Trudy's blanket (seven panels in total, I'm on #3 now). I'm using this pattern, which is called an Heirloom Knit Baby Blanket, but it's a beautiful blanket for anyone. I'll put up pictures soon - I'm going to start seaming (stop laughing, I really am) up some of the panels tonight so that I don't have to do all 7 at once, thereby bringing on a nervous breakdown the likes of which haven't been seen since the nuclear winter that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Seriously, I'm knitting everywhere - on the trains, in restaurants, in the car - wherever I can get the needles clacking. I'm a woman on a mission.

Of course, the craft stores are also sold out of the one freaking skein I need to finish off Mike's Great-Aunt Jeannie's blanket. So I may frog it and make her a nice wrap. We shall see. Fear not, I'm on the case.

I've got pictures to come - lots of fun stuff over the past weekend.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

seaming is trouble... maybe I should learn it and help out... :)