Monday, December 03, 2007

Sock Knitting and Other Travails

So I decided it was time to make my foray into sock knitting with the Easy Aran Sock pattern from My Life's Work. (I love Ravelry - I've been introduced to more knitting patterns and cool bloggers and podcasters than I could have imagined!) I went to the yarn store like a big girl, got the right yarn thanks to the nice lady at Yarn Connection, and went home, convinced I was on my way.

WTF?

Casting onto three double pointed needles? Sure. I even did the tube part of the sock. But then I got to the actual shaping and almost had a nervous breakdown. Back to the LYS (local yarn store - in this case, local to my job) and whined. The two lovely ladies at Yarn Connection deciphered the mysteries for me... so we'll see. I've already warned them that I may be back tomorrow with a ball of tangled wool, felted by my tears and sweat.

No comments: