Monday, March 20, 2006

Poncho!


Since my last model went over so well, I decided to use her again to model the poncho I made for Keira.

I was on an adrenaline rush after working out too late at night again, so I whipped out the size 15 needles and the Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn (I've been trying to work down some of the insane stash I've accumulated - so I can buy more yarn, of course) and went to work using a pattern from Yarn Girls' Guide to Kids' Knits (I've created a link on the side). After I was done, I opted not to do the fringe because I'm panicky like that about babies, but I finished it by doing single crochet around the neck and bottom with some leftover lavender Velvet Spun (another Lion Brand yarn). Voila!

Month 2 of the Self Challenge starts today, and I'm psyched because I'm still on track. Whoo hoo! Having a Weight Watchers buddy definitely helps, so if Karen falls off the wagon I'll have to track her down and beat her with a Balance bar.

I'm home sick today because my children are out to get me. If Will coughs on me one more time, I'm going to have to put him in solitary confinement. With my luck, his cold will mutate into bubonic plague.

No comments: