Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Self-Challenge, Week 6

So I'm in week 6 of the Self Challenge and I think it's going very well. I weigh in tonight at my Weight Watchers meeting, so we'll see how well. My clothes are getting a little lose, so that's nice! I've been working out an average of 3 times a week; sometimes more, sometimes less, but I have pretty much been hitting my Self goals (last week I stumbled a bit on the weight training).

Points-wise, I'm still struggling but even when I veer off, I journal it and I feel okay. Again, mostly hitting the mark but the late night snack attacks still hit. I try to just keep drinking water and not thinking about it, but every now and then I just grab a yogurt and try to be done with it.

Didn't work out last night - had a lousy night at school - but I did do the math and discovered that I actually walk about 2 miles every Monday. I walk from work to school, which is apparently a little over a mile; then I walk to the train station on West 4th over by the IFC movie theatre from school, so that's an extra half mile. So at least there's something. I'll work out tonight, though - I need a cardio and weight workout to stay on track. I'm determined to finish this Challenge, and now that I actually see things that look kind of nice in the mirror, it's much more of a kick in the rear to stay on it.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Good job, that's really hard to stick with!

Roe said...

Thank you! I went to Weight Watchers last night and I'm down 2.6!!! I think something finally clicked. :-)

Linda said...

Congrats, that's awesome!