Monday, April 10, 2006

FINISHED!!!

It's 12:29 a.m., I have to get up in 6 hours, but I'm done. Done, done, done. Now I just hope my teachers like what I've written.

I've eaten more comfort food this weekend than I have in eons, and only worked out once or twice. I've fallen off my Self Challenge wagon and I have to get back on.

I read an interesting article in the latest issue of Prevention - which I'll review here shortly - by Geneen Roth, who writes on emotional issues with food. She says that before we eat when we aren't hungry, we should ask what we are looking for and whether or not food will fill it. So this time, even though I was snacking on stuff that probably wasn't the best for me, or POINTS-wise even if it was healthy enough, I was at least cognizant that yes, I was eating this because I wanted someone to write my final project for me. I wanted to pull a good grade out of this class and I wanted to just relax. While I'm not sure Planter's 100-calorie cookie packs and Hello Kitty Fruit Snacks were able to provide that, at least I knew what I wanted from them. And I guess that's the difference between when I'd mindlessly eat before and now.

Tomorrow, it's back to business. I'm not going to stress myself out about catching up to the Self Challenge; I blew off a week and a half, and it's done. But nothing's stopping me from getting right back on the wagon. (Which is another big difference, because before I would have told myself that I blew it, completely disregarding the fact that I went for 6 1/2 weeks on this program and lost three pounds before my slump.)

I may not want to work out when I get up at 6:30 tomorrow, but I've got to start getting used to it. Because I'm tired of my best clothes being packed away for three years. Time to shake out the cute Ann Taylor sundresses I enjoyed the summer of 2002 in!

It's been a long weekend. A nice one, but a long one. And if I'm going to be worth a farthing in six hours, I'd better head to bed now. Thanks for sticking around.

No comments: