Wednesday, April 12, 2006

For a Lighter Post...

"Marshall, Will and Holly, on a routine expedition..."

Go on - I DARE you to tell me you don't know the song. Or that I didn't just make you break out into song. You know you want to. You know that Land of the Lost was THE thing when we were kids. Say what you want about Sid & Marty Krofft, but they were awesome. Mike swears that The Bugaloos were created when they were on acid, and while I tend to agree, it doesn't matter. Because they were in the air and everywhere, flying high, flying free... wait, I'm getting ahead of myself again.

So I walk into Best Buy last week and see my beloved Land of the Lost on DVD - SEASON THREE. Why was I not informed when Seasons 1 and 2 were released??? Who was asleep at the wheel? Oh... wait... it must have been me.

Anyway - SO going on my wishlist. My birthday is only 8 months away, after all.


Sleestacks!!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Land of the Lost rules! I loved that show so much. Did you know Electric Company is also out on DVD! Morgan Freeman as Easy Reader!

Roe said...

No way, really?!?!?! I LOVED ELECTRIC COMPANY! Easy Reader was great; Morgan Freeman back in the day. A co-worker of mine here loves it too and lately we've been re-enacting scenes... are you terrified yet? ;-)

I'm going to own more kids' shows on DVD than my children. :-)

Linda said...

I saw it on sale in Virgin down in Union Square a couple of weeks ago. Woah, I can't really remember scenes from EC that well, per se, you must have an amazing memory!

I was watching Squid and the Whale the other night and got so sad when they were playing that Figure 8 song from Schoolhouse Rock-I used to have Amanda watch those tapes all the time as a baby. The movie itself is sad and the family is, well dysfunctional, especially the younger boy-(played by Kevin Kline's son, btw).

Roe said...

I love Schoolhouse Rock! I need to update my wish list, hee hee...

I don't think I've ever seen Squid and Whale, I just checked it out on IMDB. I didn't realize Kevin Kline's son was acting, he and Hanks' kid are going to start up a new Brat Pack generation. ;-)