Monday, February 04, 2008

My First Swap!

I'm SO excited. I just signed up for my first knitting swap! I've been reading about them and hearing about them on podcasts for a couple of months now, so I'm so excited to have found one. It's the Longing For Spring swap, and my partner and I will exchange all sorts of yarny goodies in anticipation of the Spring. Since it's an anonymous swap, I will keep some musings to myself, lest my future swap partner will read this.

It all starts with a questionnaire, so here goes:

Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?
I am primarily a knitter; I learned to crochet first, but I just seem to do better with knitting. I have been at it for a little over five years now.

What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers?
I just started stretching my fiber boundaries past the big chain stores, so it's been a lot of fun. I've worked with Cascade 220 for the first time on a friend's birthday gift and LOVED how soft it felt. So I guess some soft wools are up there with favorites, and some nice cottons.

Least faves? Acrylics that squeak when they slide on the needles. And I've outgrown the eyelash/Fun Fur thing.

What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors?

I love blues, reds and pinks. I love the combination of teals, greens and browns and pinks and browns lately. Since I'm looking forward to spring, I'd say right now, the least favorites are greys and gloomy blacks. And no neons! :)

What ‘warm weather’ project are you looking forward to making this year?
I would love to treat myself to a pretty wrap or a light top. Even a pretty scarf that I can wear during the April Showers days.

What are your favorite scents? Least favorite?
Love citrusy scents! Least favorites are anything really spicy, crushingly floral, heavy, or anything that smells like I've just walked into a funeral parlor (I commute on the NYC subway system every day, trust me - I've smelled a lot...)

What is your favorite flower?
Gerbera daisies

What are your favorite spring time hobbies/activities?
Love knitting, reading (sci fi and fantasy are tops), and snuggling with my boys (8, 4, and 39). I love taking walks with my iPod during lunchtime at work.

Do you have a garden? If you do, tell us a little about it. Do you like to plant flowers or vegetables?
No garden, no gardening skills, alas.

What are your favorite sweets?
I'm addicted to M&M peanuts and Payday bars. Baby Ruths and Lindt Truffles won't get a fight, either.

Do you collect anything?
Aside from yarn and knitting patterns? Books. Lots of books. And Hello Kitty. Love her!

Do you have any allergies?
I have seasonal allergies, and the doctor insists I'm allergic to cats - but don't tell my two kitties that.

Do you have any pets?
Two cats - one lovable curmudgeon and one sweet but crazy kitten. Does the husband count here? ;-)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That sounds great!!