Saturday, February 02, 2008


Visiting the Frog Pond


Oh yes. I did cavort with the frog prince this weekend - or, should I say I will, shortly.


What's the frog pond? It's a term used for ripping out one's knitting - when you decide that a project cannot be altered or saved, you just undo it all. And to say, "rip it, rip it," sounds like 'ribbit, ribbit' - get it?


So yes, I will be visiting the frog pond today. The Jester Hat I started, to have a train project handy, this week? I've gott to the point where I was about to start on one of the jangly bits (wow, that sounds almost obscene) and felt like the hat was a big large in the cranial aspect. I had my model (Alex) sit still so I could test the theory and yes, the Jester Hat could, with a bit of pulling, fit my 4-year-old son. Not exactly going to work for a baby hat.
You think it would motivate me to gauge swatch. I laugh at you. Okay, maybe before I frog, I'll take a swatch to figure if I should go up or down a needle size, so I will not have frogged in vain. But I will cast on again, as I still need train knitting to keep me out of trouble during the morning and evening commute...

1 comment:

Stacey said...

ugh, that sounds like a nightmare...