Monday, June 09, 2008


Go Danny Brown's!


I had the excitement of being able to not only see Will's playoff game this weekend, but got to see his team battle it out and WIN!! The kids were in full force - they had a rough season, but really knuckled down and pulled out a win in the last inning!


The game was over 2 hours long and in the brutal heat of the day (1 p.m. game, just in time for the hottest part of the day). And, as you see from the picture, these kids have on dark brown and black uniforms - essentially, black holes of suck for the heat. Thankfully, the coaches kept them hydrated and didn't let them get crazy in the dugout so they could keep their energy up.
I sat in the sun, baking, and knitting on a sock (hurrah! Finished last night!). I told Will that now I have to knit the sock's companion at the next game, because I don't want to upset karma too much by casting on something new. He probably thinks I'm crazy, but I know these baseball superstitions. After my friend and coworker Shelley mentioned that Johnny Damon went six for six after shaving off his moustache, I'm thinking I should rip the sock I finished out, so I can work on the same sock, which must be embued with good karma.
God, don't let me become a sports parent. I don't think I can handle the stress.
Anyway. Got to celebrate Adam's birthday with everyone at Pasta Lover's the other night - mmm... pasta... and even had a little time with Baby Boyd. And Nancy lit the match by mentioning she'd wanted to start letterboxing, which is something I'd been hearing about on the Lime & Violet podcast and had been toying with looking into. So now Nancy, Stacey and I will likely be roaming around Queens and Long Island, with stamps and notebooks, looking for letterboxes. Because you know, we have a lot of time on our hands. And we really needed more hobbies.
Any good letterboxing tips for a newbie?

2 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations on the win, that's awesome!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Yeah, umm, more hobbies...that's the ticket. I laughed out loud at that one!

Good job on the win!!!