Sunday, June 01, 2008


I saw, and thoroughly enjoyed, Sex & The City today. Stacey, Nancy, Janet and I had an honest-to-goodness girls' day out. First, we had a tasty lunch at CUP Diner in Astoria (and I ate healthy, too - and didn't reward myself with junk food afterwards!), and then headed in to enjoy the movie. I have to say, if you're a fan of the show, you'll enjoy the movie. So take that as you will.
Nancy and I went back to her place, where Mike and Keith were waiting with the kids; I got to play with Baby Boyd for a little while until my boys got antsy, and then we were back off to Casa Kiladitis. All in all, a very nice way to spend a Sunday, normally the day I loathe the most.
It was an honest-to-goodness girls' weekend, having been out to Sag Harbor for Lauren's baby shower the day before. I can finally reveal the super secret projects, having completed one of them (the baby blanket) in the car on the way to the shower! I'll have pics up soon, but there is a baby blanket, a hat, and the Baby Chuck Taylors, which went over as well as I prayed they would. I have some washcloths that I'm working on, but it's not super-secret anymore since I pulled one out at the actual shower to work on.
Lauren is a glowing mommy-to-be, and she was surrounded by some gorgeous baby gifts and lots of love. I even got to see the baby belly move!! I swear, I never got tired of watching my own belly jump around when Will, and then Alex, would let me and everyone near me know they were awake, so I love watching my friends get to experience the same things.
Sigh... back to the real world manana.

No comments: