Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Reunions...

I'm so excited. I've gotten back in touch (and never lost touch) with some old friends from the Saint Bart's days. We've been e-mailing and meeting up for lunch, and I tell you, it's really done wonders to get me through the days. The core little group of us have been busily planning a mini-class of '84 reunion, and it's actually going to happen. On June 21st. And more and more people are getting on board.

It's great, having that thread to connect me, and ground me, to my childhood. I loved my time at Saint Bart's. I loved being surrounded by the same small group of people - we went to school together, we lived together, we played together, our parents hung out together. It was a safe feeling, and knowing that we're all drifting back toward one another after all this time is like a warm blanket I can wrap around myself.

1 comment:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Roe! I have been remiss at reading blogs. Sounds like a fun reunion...the planning is part of the fun if you ask me :)