Thursday, June 12, 2008

So sadly, Danny Brown's did not win their second round of playoffs last night. They played hard, though - honestly, next to last week's game, it's the best they've played all season. Will smacked a triple out into the outfield, causing me to scream myself near hoarse. Unfortunately, though, the other team pulled the win out in the last inning. Will was heartbroken, but Mike and I told him that next year, if he keeps playing with the heart he demonstrated in just these two games, it'll be a different story.

In the meantime, a shot from last week's game. Doesn't he look badass in his catcher's outfit?

Alex is so excited that the season is at an end, because it brings him that much closer to playing tee ball next season. And then, the world is in for it, because he'll have a bat.

In other rotten breaks, the dust on Field 4 - the one field that the Forest Hills Little League seems to neglect for some unknown reason - was visibly swirling in the air last night. The grass is half dead, and the rain we had wasn't enough to saturate the poor ground. My sinuses have been ripped up, and I was miserable for most of the night. Ugg.

I finished one more sock and continued on its mate (I was calling it the Rally Sock, since I felt that working on the first one during the game last week helped Danny Brown's achieve victory). I'm about halfway through the second sock's leg, so I'm hoping to get to the heel tonight, and finish it by the weekend. Since I know the mysteries of sock knitting wigs Stacey out, I'll post a pic.


1 comment:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Not only does he look badass, but that sock!! Gosh, I'm impressed. Nice job on both!