Thursday, November 08, 2007

Book Post

Lest everyone think I've abandoned my bibliomaniacal ways in favor of knitting, I decided to post a book meme today. Questions are courtesy of the Booking Through Thursday meme site, which I've just come across. Check it out, it's entertaining!

What book would you choose to give to a friend and why?
I know I'm in danger of having books thrown at my head, but I'd have to say The Hobbit by the master himself, J.R.R. Tolkien. It's a perfect book. It's light, fun, it's fantasy, has endearing characters, and an incredible quest. And Gandalf, possibly my favorite literary character ever.
It doesn't have the darkness that comes with the subsequent Middle-Earth adventures, so I wouldn't bring anyone down.

I've got one more - Grover and the Monster at the End of the Book. Because it's my favorite kids' book. Grover is still the greatest Muppet.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I have three Grover Golden Books that I read to Mandy including that one. She laughs so loud there's no doubt she's related to Chris :)

Roe said...

I have Another Monster at the End of the Book for Alex, which brings Elmo into the bunch. That little red bugger stole my Grover's thunder.

I still can't get through a reading of Monster at the End of the Book without giggling. And I swear Will no longer allows me to read either Click, Clack Moo - Cows That Type or any of the three Pigeon books by Mo Willems because I laugh so hard I need to compose myself before continuing. He ends up reading them to Alex.