Friday, November 09, 2007

The Littlest Ramones Fan?

About a week ago, I was watching the Too Tough to Die: A Tribute to Johnny Ramone documentary. Will and Alex, who were going about their business, recognized some of the songs and asked, "What's that?" I told them that it was a show about the "Hey Hey, Let's Go" guys - yes, Blitzkrieg Bop is a popular selection when I'm the car - and left it at that. Apparently, I've given birth to a new generation of Ramones fans. Will has been asking me to download Ramones music to his MP3 player and last night, Mike called me at the Parents' Association meeting to inform me that Alex was walking around last night yelling, "Lobo-to-my! Lobo-to-my!"

You really have to love when your 4-year old digs Teenage Lobotomy.

4 comments:

P said...

Will has an MP3 player???????
It took me three years to get an iPod and 6 months to set it up.
Ok, I feel like a schmuck.

Roe said...

He has my old one, which was handed down by my Mom - yes, she is already on her third; Will and I got the castoffs. It's an MP3 player, not an iPod, but it plays music!

Linda said...

LOVE IT! That's awesome. did you tell him they're from Queens, too? Ian and I have really made an effort to expand Amanda's interests in music-all the kids at school listen is to friggin' hip-hop, rap.

Amanda loves Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation" and I never get tired of listening to it on the ipod. It's also the theme to one of our new loves, Freaks n' Geeks-just watched the entire season last week on DVD, she's hooked.

Roe said...

I told Will that they're from good ole Forest Hills and the rest of Queens, so he should always remember that his neighborhood bred punk royalty. ;-) He digs it.

Same here with the rap stuff, but thankfully we've gotten the boys used to 'the good stuff' from early on.

Will and I are addicted to Chuck and Reaper. We watch every episode together.