Monday, November 26, 2007

A Holiday Meme

I haven't posted a fun meme in a while, so here you go. Let's kick off the holiday season right -and I tag Stacey, Linda, Piera, Laurie, Lauren and Peg!

1.) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate... no question.

2.) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps them very nicely at first, and then it becomes a mission to just get the damned things covered in paper of some sort.

3.) Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored!

4.) Do you hang mistletoe? I have never been able to find the blasted stuff, believe it or not.

5.) When do you put your decorations up? As soon after Thanksgiving as possible; we love having the place decorated as long as possible.

6.) What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I'm a traditionalist; turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing... it's Thanksgiving part deux.

7.) Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Walking out to see all the presents, and seeing the dollhouse I wanted so badly leaning against the couch. Thanks, Santa Claus!

8.) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was a late blooomer; I was about 9.

9.) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We celebrate Christmas Eve with Mike's family, so yes.

10.) How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have lots of Hallmark ornaments - Star Wars and Star Trek included! Ornaments from every year of the kids' lives, and each year, I have the boys decorate ornaments to hang so I have a tree full of kid-designed stuff.

11.) Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love snow, dread the slush that follows shortly thereafter.

12.) Can you ice skate? Never tried.

13.) Do you remember your favorite gift? I'd have to say the dollhouse was pretty nifty.

14.) What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being surrounded by family and friends. It's like the one time a year you can tell your friends how much you love them without sounding sappy.

15.) What is your favorite holiday desert? Christmas cookies!!!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Used to be going to midnight Mass at St. Bart's with Carol and having hot chocolate afterwards; now, it's Mike and I wrapping all the presents after the kids have gone to sleep, trying desperately to keep the noise to a minimum.

17.) What tops your tree? Winnie the Pooh, dressed as an angel.

18.) Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving!

19.) What is your favorite Christmas Song? No one does "Oh Night Divine" like Nat King Cole. Love "Holly Jolly Christmas" and of course, "Christmas Wrapping" by The Waitresses and Band-Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas?", because I'm an '80s gal.

21.) Favorite Christmas Movie? No contest. "A Christmas Story."

22.) What do you leave for Santa? Santa really loves my Tollhouse Cookies.

3 comments:

P said...

Haha. Mine will be up in a bit. =)

snowflake said...

Heading out to do mine now....

Stacey said...

Ok, posting it now...