Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Podcast Review - PolarBear Podcast


So the first of my new podcasting addictions to talk about is the Polarbear Podcast. Since I love Sweden and one of these days will get back there, finding this podcast was huge for me. It's a half hour (sometimes longer, but the episode I downloaded is 30 minutes) of all things Swedish - some music, some news, and in this particular episode, the Swedish alphabet (det Svenska alfabetet - see Gab, some things I do remember!) as recited by the host's daughter. I discovered some new music by a band called The Bombhhappies, who I really want to check out more from - totally influenced by '80s Brit pop, and very infectious to listen to, and had a giggle at the Swedish government's expense with some hanky-panky scandal. I'm excited to hear more and can't wait for the next episode to be uploaded. In the meantime, maybe I'll download a few older ones.
If you're interested, I highly recommend checking out an episode. Honestly, it's not like the nightly news being rattled off at you - the host, Andy, has some really amusing commentary. And since Helene and I have had a giggle for years about one of the misconceptions of Sweden being that polar bears roam the streets, the fact that this is called the Polarbear Podcast just made me laugh all the harder. That, and the section on the website that's called "Sweden - not Switzerland"; I can't tell you how many times people have made that mistake. Hilarious.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

you mean polar bears don't roam the streets?

Roe said...

Amazingly enough, no...

Stacey said...

wow, mind=blown